Fill out one quick form and receive a
FREE price estimate instantly!
Get Free Auto Transport Quotes

Russia International Shipping

Russia International Shipping
Population: 143,400,000 Currency: Russian ruble (RUB) Largest City: Moscow Learn more about how you can ship a car to Russia, as well as some of the characteristics regarding Russia's culture and landscape. Important Links: Russian Government Russia Ministry of Transport Federal Customs Service of Russia

A Brief Description of Russia

Ever since the dismantling of the Soviet Union in the late 1980s, Russia has been striving to reassert its presence on the global stage from an economic, political and military standpoint. The country boasts of one of the fastest growing economies in the world, with a Gross Domestic Product that currently ranks eighth among all nations. Russia’s enormous mineral and energy reserves have made it a top producer of natural gas and oil, while its stockpile of conventional and nuclear weapons have kept the company among the list of the most militarized nations on earth. As a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, the country continues to wield enormous political clout, especially among emerging nations. Russia is a semi-presidential republic with political power being shared between the President and the Prime Minister. The country has a bicameral form of government consisting of a 450-member lower house known as the State Duma, and a 166-member upper house called the Federation Council. Situated in northern Eurasia, Russia is the largest country in the world with a total land area that is nearly double that of the United States. The sprawling country is home to people from as many as 160 different ethnic backgrounds and minority groups. Ethnic Russians comprise 80 percent of the population, while the remaining 20 percent is made up of groups such as the Tatar, Kazakh and Belarussian. About 75 percent of Russia’s population lives in urban areas. Moscow, Russia’s capital city, is also its largest, with a population in excess of nine million people. Other major cities include St. Petersburg, Nizhny-Novgorod, Samara and Novosibirsk. Russia boasts of near 100 percent literacy and a vibrant cultural heritage that reflects the diversity of its population.

Shipping a Car to Russia

Russia’s growing prosperity in recent years has made it a major market for automobiles. Each year, thousands of people transport cars between Russia, the United States and other countries. Russia international shipping companies provide international shipping to Russia via container ships and Roll on Roll off (RoRo) vessels. Thousands of people use these services each year for shipping a car to Russia, or shipping a car from Russia to the United States. Container and RoRo shipping services are available from nearly every major U.S. port to every major port in Russia. Most shipping companies offer door-to-door, port-to-port, and door-to-port car transportation services between the two countries. The larger companies also help customers clear their vehicles through customs and safety inspection processes. The cost of shipping to Russia in a container is typically around $1,500 to $2,000. RoRo shipping services cost less, but usually have longer transit times. In addition to shipping costs, those looking to import a car into Russia should also expect to pay up to 20 percent of the value of their vehicle in customs duties and other import related costs.